LIVE STREAM ISSUES
If you’re having problems with the live feed, please see the FAQ below. If you continue to have problems, contact Cleeng Support with the subject “WFTDA.tv” and explain your problem with as much detail as possible so they can assist you quickly.
What do I need to watch?
You need a minimum of 1.5Mb download Internet speed for our best quality, check at http://www.speedtest.net
We support most devices and operating systems: Microsoft® Windows®, Apple® Mac® or Linux OS with Adobe® Flash® or tablets including Google® Android™ devices and Apple® iPad® or iPhone® devices will work. We are streaming a lower bitrate feed that works over most 3G and 4G services. Please consult with your local access carrier for rules and regulations. Please be aware that we are not responsible for data connection charges to view the stream on any platform or service.
Do I need to download anything to view the live stream?
No. Once you have a ticket you have instant access to the Internet video stream. The video plays automatically in your browser. It works on PC, Mac®, tablet or smartphone. But you have to ensure you have a proper broadband connection for video.
What is a Cleeng account?
Cleeng simplifies the access to unique quality content. Using your Facebook, Google or Yahoo! account, it takes just a few seconds to create a Cleeng account and register for the event. Cleeng keeps track of the premium content you register for, so you can access it later on any of your devices.
Is the live stream available on mobile devices?
Yes it is! When you click to register/buy, your mobile browser will open a new window. After you have created your Cleeng account and got/purchased your access, just go back to the site. You can connect from your computer, phone or tablet anytime you want to. If you got registered/purchased your ticket before on a different device, simply login with your Cleeng account and again you’ll have full access.
Can I book in advance? How do I access the show on D-Day?
We actually recommend you book your ticket in advance. This way, you avoid the queue (even on internet, it can happen!). Then connect a few minutes before the show.
Two ways to get access to the show:
1- from the email receipt you received from Cleeng (check your spam, it may happen it was wrongly classified)
2- directly on the website from where you registered/purchased, you can click “Already have a ticket?”. Enter your credentials, and that’s it!
Can I watch from different computers or phones at the same time?
Yes, when you registered/purchased on one computer/tablet/phone you can simply use the same credentials to watch on another device. You should bear in mind your access can be restricted when our systems detect abuse. To avoid your account being cut off, don’t use more than 2 different devices just before and during the event.
What can I do to have the best stream experience possible?
Streaming isn’t easy, as many of us in Derby have come to learn. So what can a viewer do to get the best experience possible? Check out the following list of best practices.
- Adjust the Quality Settings — T
- Have Great Internet! — Your Internet connection is crucial to a great video feed. If your internet is poor, it is impossible to view high quality without interruption. You need to have Fast and Reliable internet. Use http://speedtest.net to test the speed. Your download should be 5 mbps or greater for highest quality. Next test your reliability with http://pingtest.net. Anything with a grade of B or greater is necessary for smooth performance.
- Don’t Share your Internet! — When viewing a derby bout, it is important to not have other Internet activities taking place on your connection. This includes video games, Netflix, torrents, uploads, and other Internet activities, plus any device that could be using your wi-fi, such as cell phones and tablets.
- Go Wired! — A wired connection to your home router greatly increases the reliability of your Internet. If possible, find a cable to plug directly into your home router.
- Reboot your Router! — When was the last time you rebooted your home router? Some routers slow down over time and can benefit from a reboot.
- Use a Fast Computer / Device! — Is your computer slow in other tasks? Does it take forever to boot up? Typically any standard computer (not netbooks) that has been purchased in the last 3 years is capable of receiving the high quality stream. Thus, use the best computer that you can get your hands on.
- Close All Other Programs! — Your computer needs all it’s power for viewing derby. Close all unessential applications.
- When in doubt, give it a reboot! — Come up fresh after a reboot to ensure trouble isn’t lurking from other applications.
- Update Flash Player! — Update your flash player to the latest version. Flash is crucial and has been updated for stability: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Try a different browser! — It can also help to switch to a browser you don’t normally use. Some browser customizations can cause issues, so using a “clean” browser could provide a clearer feed.
Live Audio Feed
There you have it. This list covers the vast majority of streaming issues. What to do if these aren’t working? Submit a trouble ticket and our support team will work with you. Our heart is in the product and in bringing you to the action. Remember that you are working with derby folks that are doing their utmost to make your weekend happen. Cheers!